Wednesday, July 22, 2009

IOR003 Competition Winner


Firstly - thanks to all y'all who entered our IOR competition - it's been hilarious for us reading the entries, and just goes to prove that the job of the DJ is not one to be undertaken lightly.

A tough choice - but we have finally managed to agree on a winner ... PJ, who's anecdote (and associated YouTube footage) swung our votes. Well done mate - we've dropped you an email.

As an added bonus ... and due to our neverending good nature, we've also decided to give our winner AND all entrants into the competition a copy of the new L.E.S.S. compilation on release (date TBC). The comp will feature one track from every L.E.S.S. CD + one bonus track. We'll keep your email addresses on file and will be in touch when the CD's arrive.

And here's the winning entry ...

------------------------------------------

Playing at my old residency in montreal, i was approached by local man about town 'Chuggo'. He got my attention, and showed me a CD, "hey, my album just dropped, you wanna give it some play?"

To preface things, i had just mixed in GW edit of Raw DMX, and i replied "what kinda music is it?"

"similar to this....a bit nastier"

"do you sing on it?"

"I RAP ON IT!"

He left the cd with me and dissapeared for a bit,i scanned through the CD. Put it aside. He returned with two pints. Gave me both. And said,

"Track 9, cue it up"

I paused ... looked at the half full dance floor ... Cued up track 9

I said, 'are u ready?'

He pulled out a staff with a skull on the end, which had somehow escaped my attention earlier, and nodded.

I played track 9

He basically lip synched to his own track, which, words can not do justice.

Thankfully ... He has a youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeHk4WMWpY

No comments:

Post a Comment