Monday, November 24, 2008

Progressive Electro House Sampler 112408


I am experimenting now with harmonic style mixing using Rapid Evolution software , instead of my usual "by ear" intuition.

This software aids the beginner or experienced dj in finding the right songs to segue in doing a studio mixset or a live set, by way of finding the music keys for each song (i.e. A minor, A Major, B minor etc...) . All of the top dj's in the world use this software or an equivalent software like MixedInKey.

I find that it helps in a way as it makes it easier for me to find similar tracks to mix as opposed to listening to each new song one by one then sorting them by ear and making a list. It is still up to the dj to choose which track he or she chooses to play next.


My verdict: Yes it is a very helpful tool especially for Serato users. So now I can churn out mixsets quicker. This applies to all current dance music which is all in digital form. You can also do this with old dance classics that are available in digital form.

This sampler compilation was mixed on the fly as usual. Enjoy!

Peace!
Dave

To Listen:


To DL:

No comments:

Post a Comment