Monday, April 25, 2005

Hard work pays off!!!

I am now the opening DJ at Progression Thursdays at Suede in Scottsdale, Arizona. Since my passion within progressive house music falls on the early night/groovy stuff, it was a perfect fit. I had been frustrated many of times when the opening DJ is banging it out and not properly warming up the people. I now have the opportunity to fix that problem.

I am very thankful that Matty and Eric trust me to get things started right. This opportunity will give me weekly experience of playing on a good sized sound system, learn how to read a crowd and hone my skills. Mixing in a bedroom and mixing in a club is night and day.

I also want to say thank you for the comments/feedback, online and offline, I have received about the April mix. Work has begun on the May mix.

-Geoffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment